Fernandina Beach is a city located in Nassau County and in Florida’s northeastern border along the Atlantic coast. The city is nestled in Amelia Island, encompassing most of its middle to northern areas.
In its early days, the original site of Fernandina Beach was occupied by Native American tribes which were known to have Timucuan mound-building deeply ingrained into their culture. The tribes occupied the island until the early 18th century, which marked the beginning of European settlement.
Today, Fernandina Beach is known for its picturesque beaches, excellent golf courses, and for being the host of the annual Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival. Locals and visitors get to experience a slice of paradise, with the city’s flawless combination of first-class amenities, abundance of recreational opportunities, and captivating natural beauty.
Fernandina Beach real estate options
Diverse real estate options are available for those looking to live in Fernandina Beach. Homes in the area are located in charming pocket communities with tree-lined streets and oceanfront locations, particularly along the northern end of the island.
Most of the homes in Fernandina Beach offer a flawless blend of convenience, privacy, and relaxation. Buyers will be able to choose from lovely 2 to 3-bedroom condos, stylish custom patio homes, beautiful beachfront cottages overlooking the coastline, and many more. Residents can enjoy an outstanding quality of life, as many of the homes are conveniently located close to shops and restaurants, the beach, art galleries, and downtown historic Fernandina Beach.
Some of the first-class features you’ll be able find in most Fernandina Beach homes include:
- Spacious, light-filled living areas
- High ceilings
- Marble/hardwood floors
- Custom kitchens with granite countertops, elegant cabinetry, and top-quality stainless steel appliances
- Luxurious bathrooms with modern fixtures and elegant tile work
- Guest bedrooms with baths
- Master bedrooms with sweeping views of the ocean
Activities and things to do in Fernandina Beach
- The Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival is an annual event that attracts over 150,000 visitors every year. Recognized as one of the top outdoor festivals in the US by Sunshine Artist Magazine, the three-day festival features arts and crafts vendors, antique merchants, fireworks, live entertainment, and of course – a dazzling variety of shrimp dishes prepared by some of the best restaurants in Nassau County.
- Head to Fernandina Plaza Historic State Park, which is the perfect spot for a picnic with some family and friends. A fortified plaza in the late 1700s, most of the original site now consists of a wide open grassy area surrounded by picturesque views of Amelia River and Victorian-era homes.
- Drop by the Amelia Island Museum of History and see a wonderful variety of exhibits including an interactive Discovery Ship, a Timucuan Village, artifacts and stories of Spanish missions of La Florida, and many more. Visit the museum’s website and learn more about their exhibits and programs.
If you need help looking for an ideal home in Fernandina Beach, get in touch with Claudia Watts by calling 904-556-4000, or send an email to email@example.com
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.